The Ashbury Works at Manchester were founded by a Mr John Ashbury about the middle of the 19th century and the business was converted into a limited liability company in 1862. The company were builders of rolling stock at Openshaw, Manchester, and iron manufacturers at Ardwick, Manchester. The works were extremely well known and were fully employed until 1902 when the business was transferred to Saltley.
C G Wallace June1945
The following link shows a picture of a vehicle built by Ashbury in 1862 courtesy of the Metro-Cammell archive:-